Monday, February 2, 2009

I am so tired right now. I know, not the Positive image I like to portray, but after a weekend that included WinterJam and The Superbowl, I cannot help it. I really enjoyed what I got to see of WinterJam!! I have always loved Newsong, and Barlow Girl rocked the house. Those girls can really play those instruments! The one gal beat those drums so hard I thought she was going to break them. They were awesome to watch, and their testimony was just as great! It was also really cool to see all the "I Love The River" posters outside. Thanks so much to everyone that made a sign and brought it. I know that many of you had your signs confiscated once you got inside...The Schott wanted to be sure that everyone would be able to see once the got inside. A few of you were able to sneak your signs inside I noticed, so thanks for holding them up when I got onstage. I appreciate it!!! I also got to meet many of you! I really love getting to shake your hand or even getting a hug from some of you. Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. I did not get to stay for the whole thing, but heard TobyMac was AMAZING!!! Did you go? Would love to hear from you. And then we turn to the Superbowl, which I really planned on NOT watching. I was hoping to be in bed early, but you know how that goes. I got all caught up in the game and the commercials....just could not help myself. I know that I probably should have been rooting for the Steelers, and I was for the most part, but I could not help but cheer for Kurt Warner. From everything I have ever read about he and his wife, he is a great man. He is a Christian, he is the father of 7, and he and his wife try really hard to give back when they can, because they both remember a time when they had very little money, and were trying to make ends meet. I cannot help it, I love rooting for the underdog! Especially when he is a man of faith!! But in the end, it just wasn't to be. I am happy for the Steeler fans, and I am happy for Kurt Warner, because even though he didn't win the game, it was extremely close, and nobody was giving his team much of a chance before last night. I just thank God for people that show integrity when they are in the spotlight. And speaking of integrity....I have to give a shout out to OSU Head Football Coach Jim Tressel...while he likely would not take any credit for it himself...I imagine he had some hand in helping Santonio Holmes become the success he is today! Santonio had a great game for the Steelers, which included catching the winning touchdown pass, and being named MVP of The Superbowl! He is the first OSU alum to be MVP in the big game. Congrats to Santonio!!! So, as sad as I was for Kurt Warner, I could not be happier for for Santonio Holmes! Everything happens for a reason. Now I am just hoping that I can catch up on all the sleep I lost this weekend watching all this unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment