Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Slowly but surely you are finding this blog...and I appreciate it so much. This has been a rough week for me...not sure why really. I think the fact that I am back to work after 18 months home with my daughter is starting to sink in. Don't get me wrong...I love being on the morning show at The River..and I only have to be away from my daughter for a couple of hours...but I still feel a little bad. When I stayed home, I loved every second with my daughter, but it was such a change for me! I had days when I felt guilty that I wasnt contributing financially at home, even though I knew that being with our daughter was worth any amount of money I could make. Now that I am working again, I feel guilty for leaving. I have learned one thing....you will feel guilt no matter what you do. Guilt because you even have a choice, when some families do not have that choice...guilty that you may not be doing the right thing...being a mom can be complicated. I do have the peace that I am doing what God wants me to do...even though my human nature kicks in every one in a while. I pray for you that no matter what your choice...even if you do not have a choice, that you feel the peace that you are doing the very best you can. That's all you can ask of yourself! Hey join me tomorrow as we may discuss this in some form...plus we will have a visit from Sheila Walsh...and John Tesh...who does evenings on The River, will check-in after 8:30. I hope you can join us!!!

3 comments:

  1. AMEN regarding the questions we ask ourselves once we become mommies!thanks, your thoughts are encouraging- I have a 2 1/2 y.o and a 10 m.o and there are still days that I feel horrible to not be home w/ them- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will...you do the same! with 2 little ones and a job...I am sure your days are BUSY!!! Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy! I am glad to have found you again! I am so happy to see your pictures of your adorable little girl. I listened to you before The River and talked to you when you first found out you were pregnant. I too was an 'older' Mom and switched from working to being a stay at home Mom. I planned on only taking a year off and then found out I was miraculously pregnant again when she was only six months old! I went through infertility to have my oldest (now 10) and it took over 2 years to have my now 3.5 year old and so it was quite a shock but she is such a blessing to us. All my kids are healthy and I thank God for them everyday. I am grateful for the time I got to spend with them at home and now with this economy I must return to work and so I relate to your comments about guilt. I think we feel guilty because we love so much. Just remember it's harder on us than on them. I remember from when I had my oldest. I had to work full time after having her. I felt so terrible leaving her every day. She played all day at the center and when I got to a situation where I could stay home with her finally when she was 3 all she could do was ask when she could go back to school, lol! Take care and give your Olivia a hug! :)

    ReplyDelete