Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23, 2009

The start of another work week! I feel hopeful knowing that Ash Wednesday is coming and so is the season of Lent, and then Easter! It is just such a wonderful, hopeful time of the year! I not only look forward to the warmer weather and Spring, but also to celebrating our Risen Savior!

But, first things first. At our church, one of our Pastors has asked that we take part in Lent. Having grown up in the Church of The Nazarene, I have never really done this before. We are all asked to give up something that would be a sacrifice for us, with the idea that it would signify just a TASTE of the suffering of Christ. We will also be reading a chapter of scripture together each day. I really am wanting to do this, but finding the right thing to give up seems to be a challenge for me. I know that at this time in my life...giving up sweets, or fattening foods would be really tough for me, but that seems like the item everyone gives up. I also think about giving up the internet, or my cell phone. Those would be extremely tough too...I think that I would need the internet for work...but I am still thinking about this. My cell phone would be another really difficult item for me to try and give up! Could you give up the techno items that have such a hold on our daily lives? Could you give one of these items up for the entire Lent season? We will discuss this tomorrow morning. Also tomorrow...a caller today was discussing what a digital mom she was....and casually uttered the phrase..."not bad for a stay at home mom with not much to offer"...or something to that effect. I didn't even catch that until we played the recording back...but as a stay at home mom....did you ever feel that way? I know I dealt with it...tomorrow we will share our good thoughts with those moms who sometimes feel disconnected and that they don't have much else to offer! They do! Talk with you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment