Monday, February 9, 2009

This warmer weather got here just in time...just when we needed a break from winter! Its nice to walk around and not feel like I am wearing heelies....of course now it's wet and muddy everywhere, but I will take it! Did you see the story over the weekend about the ice fishermen on Lake Erie that were stranded when an 8-mile stretch of ice broke off and started floating off? Pretty scary! One person lost his life after suffering an apparent heart attack after falling into the frigid waters. I was thinking about the situation of floating on that chunk of ice aimlessly, not having any idea of what was going to happen...and couldn't help but look at it as a metaphor for so many lives. Can you imagine the feeling of just floating along aimlessly without any idea of where you were going, or who would rescue you? I am so glad to know that I have God in my life, giving me purpose and direction!

This morning we had fun...I asked if men get left out of Valentine's Day...and do they care? We found that most men appreciate a special home-cooked meal...one guy called and said it could be any meal...a nice breakfast might be nice this saturday morning. Then your guy can take you out for dinner ladies...:-) We also talked about those valentines boxes that kids still make for school...turns out that most mom's enjoy making them just as much as the kids! Do you have memories of those valentines boxes? Making your own valentines? Or maybe you have ideas for the guys...we would love for you to share them. Tomorrow...we will talk about the most annoying sounds a parent hears....and will have some tips for Singles on Valentine's Day. I hope you will wake up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment