Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Apparently a lot of you have had to deal with upsetting your Mom, inlaws or siblings over who gets to babysit your child or children, and when I mentioned this morning that my Mom was a little upset that I had asked my sister-in-law to babysit, even though this was the first time my sister-in-law watched my daughter, and my mom has watched her several times, a whole lot of you called to say you had gone through similar trials. The problem really is that my Husband Jeff and I never go out. We still really enjoy being with our daughter. I know that we need alone time...but we feel like we are in a good place, and just love doing things as a family. But, that means there are very few "opportunities" to sit with Livvie. So...I am trying to make it up to my Mom now...she lives an hour away, but I am going to make an effort to get up to my parent's home more frequently so she doesn't feel left out of Olivia's life. Wow..this can get complicated. While we were discussing this on the air, a single mom called and said how nice it would be to have that many people willing and able to watch my daughter...because she just doesn't have that luxury. So true! Single Mom's are my heroes! They somehow juggle everything in their lives with no help sometimes. If you are a single mom and can share some tips..join the blog. I am sure it will help others. If you are in my situation, maybe share some tips on keeping everyone happy! And are there any other couples like my husband and I ? Still just don't like being away from the little one? I am sure it is because of our situation...I was told quite some time ago that kids were not possible...Jeff and I had decided we were happy with where we were in life, and then boom...God blessed us out of the blue with Olivia...so maybe that's why we still find it tough to be away from her...also..we just have one...I know that friends of ours that have 2, 3, 5 kids feel a little more anxious to have a break! Thoughts? Comments? Always welcome. Tomorrow on the show...we will discuss how hubby is working out again...so that means I have to work out...and Author of the "Chicken soup for the soul" books Jack Canfield will join us after 8am. Talk with you then!

2 comments:

  1. Stacy...I love your blog! Thanks for the wonderful insight and reflection. And yes...we are in the same boat with our son, didn't think we could have children, fertility treatments for years...so the time we spend with him is so precious! We do try to go out on dates, but then we seem to spend the time away talking about how wonderful he is and deciding that we miss him...so we rush on home. I suspect that will change as time goes on...we'll see. And I, too, think that single parents are so amazing.

    Peace to you today!

    Your friend, Rev. Becky Piatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky...appreciate your comments. Isn't it wonderful how God works? He has blessed us with a child when we thought it wasn't possible. I have had other women ask about my situation, and I am sure you have as well. All I can say is I do not know why God chooses to bless some with children and not others...but he knows the reason. It is good to hear from you...your comments are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete