Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So today we finished up 28 hours of Mercy, for Mission of Mercy. Even in these very tough economic times we were able to help get at least 117 children sponsored. I have a feeling that number will go up too. It is such a tough time for so many families financially, with lay-offs, cutbacks and such, so I am really proud of the audience for stepping up the way they did! I also decided to sponsor a little girl from Swaziland. She is just 6 months older than my daughter, so I look forward to helping her and getting progress reports.

This is the start of my 4th week at The River, and I am starting to feel at home. I am also really starting to feel the effects of getting up early and getting back into a routine. I have always set 2 alarms each morning just in case I sleep through one of them....which has never happened until today. I have no idea how I slept through an alarm blaring...but I did! At least the second one woke me up.

I hope that your commute this morning was not has bad as mine! The roads were a little slick, but the problem was trying to manuever around the drivers going 20 and the drivers going 80!!! It was a little scary! I was suprised to see so many cars on the road so early...but I guess everyone wanted to get an early start. Were you late for work this morning?

It looks like we are already getting some of that snow we were promised, so driving home this evening may be tricky, as will the morning commute. Please be really careful out there.

A heads-up for those of you that can join us in the morning on Wednesday...we will have WinterJam tickets...and we will have the story of a woman who tried to get a meet and greet with TobyMac...it may not turn out the way you might think....so join us for that out of 7am!
Talk with you in the Morning on The River!

No comments:

Post a Comment