Monday, March 16, 2009

I hope you had a great weekend. I enjoyed mine quite a bit. I was thinking about it as I drove into work this morning, trying to figure out what about it was so wonderful. Of course the first thing that struck me was extra time with my husband and daughter. It's a shame that we spend most of our time at work or away from our loved ones, and that we just get to steal a few hours with them on weekends. Seems like it should be the other way around, right? The other thing that made this such a great weekend was I slept really well every night. I cannot remember the last time that happened. Then I wondered when I made the transition from thinking a great weekend was getting alot of sleep as opposed to all the good times I had. Pretty funny...but sleep seems a little more important to me these days as I try to transition back into the workforce from staying at home with Olivia. So I did do a couple of things besides sleep...I worked craft patrol for our Preschool Praise and Worship. Now that was a fun time! Lots of glitter glue, markers and stickers. I came home a colorful mess...and am confident a few parents got some sparkling suprises when they got home. It's all washable. And the kids had a great time learning how God created the Sun, moon and stars. Besides...what harm is a little glitter glue going to do? A wise person once said when you are lying on your death bed you will never be upset that your children colored on your walls...So...let them color!!!! Join us tomorrow....we have some fun conversations in store....about the comments people make when you change your hairstyle. Plus later this week my interview with Natalie Grant. See you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment