Friday, March 13, 2009

Have you ever looked in a mirror, or at picture of yourself and wondered, "What has happened to me? THAT is NOT what I look like!!!" I am having one of those WEEKS! This little bout was triggered by some pictures posted on my Morning Show web page from the afternoon I spent at the Central Ohio Home and Garden show. I just look so frumpy. My hair is a mess, I look heavier than I want, and I am getting older. I know, I know, God made us and we are a beautiful creation, but honestly...even knowing that and believing it, there are still days I just feel plain old frumpy! I guess I realized this week that my daughter is going to be 3 in august, so I cannot go around using her as an excuse. When I first had her, it was my excuse for holding on to the baby weight. Now she is the reason I can't seem to exercise like I should. Well...enough is enough! I want to make sure that I take a little extra time to get ME ready after I tend to my daughter. I have already started eating healthy, which was a really big step for me. Now I need to add the exercise, and just a little extra effort getting myself ready each day. I just think it will make me feel better as a wife and mother. I am so thankful that God doesn't look at me with the same critical eyes I use on myself! He loves me for who I am, and sees my inner beauty. As I give myself just a bit of an overhaul in the coming weeks, I will also take time to remember that what is inside is far more important than the outside package...and that needs time and attention too! Next week I will be playing some excerpts from my interview with Singer Natalie Grant...she shares some of the same misgivings about herself as a mother of twins....and she is one of the most beautiful and talented women around. She also has the inner spirit to match. I hope you will join us next week to hear her words. Have a great weekend! Be Beautiful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment