Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus 8...over?

I guess it was no big suprise that Jon and Kate (plus 8) are splitting up, but it still makes me very sad. I have mentioned that I don't really watch the show, but you don't have to these days. You can know what is going on without having to see a single episode. They announced on the show last night they are splitting, and at the time said the show would continue. I would really hate to see these children have to go through the divorce of their parents on television! I heard this morning that the show will go on a short hiatus...so I am hoping this is for the children's sake. Despite the intense media attention this family is getting, we really do not know the whole story here. Even though papers have apparently been filed, there still could be a chance for this couple. Perhaps we can all say a little prayer for the healing of a marriage. And if that isn't the case, that the children can be spared as much pain as possible. I can't help myself..the mom in me worries about their kids. Not only the impact that this situation will have on them, but for children that have only known a life of cameras following them around, what will life be like someday when the camera's are gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment