Monday, July 27, 2009

In case you don't believe that I have had a little trouble adjusting as a working mom, note how often I update my blog!!! I have decided to make a true effort this week to update my blog each day. We will see how that goes. Today's issue for me is the fact that my daughter turns 3 this Sunday. I could sit here and write several reasons why I have waited until the last minute to put her party together, but I won't because the fact remains that for her first 2 birthdays I sent invitations out a month in advance (with her picture on it) and had a little theme, and basically put quite a bit of thought and planning into them. But this year, I got no invitations out ahead of time, in fact I was on the cell phone yesterday asking my family members one by one if they could be at our house in one week to celebrate. Instead of the designer cakes or cupcakes of the first celebrations, we will be having a lovely Dora Cake from Sam's club (much to Olivia's delight) and our theme will be "State fair time"...mainly because while at Sam's I noticed they sell state fair corn dogs, big pretzels, and the like! I don't know if a corn dog is a meal, but it will be this Sunday. Once again, I realize I am not the perfect mom. I will not be doing a Martha Stuart and making all the placemats and take home favors for my guests. But what we will have is all of our family together, and a whole lot of love, and I am hoping that will count for something to make her 3rd birthday one she will remember!

1 comment:

  1. When my daughter was little she attended "fancy" birthday parties and also low key ones. I noticed that the level of kid pleasure did not increase with the cost of the party. She had as much fun at the party in the playground with the store bought cake as she did at the elaborately planned, pricey one. The joy is in the interaction with friends, not the party trappings. Enjoy the magic on a 3 year old's party - there's no need to feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete