Friday, May 29, 2009

Ever have one of those days?

My Friday started out okay..got in a couple of cups of coffee before I hit the road, and had a fairly uneventful half-hour drive into work. I was thinking about everything we would be discussing on the show today when I started to sit down at my desk...only my chair was NOT where I thought it was! I fell backwards, grabbed my garbage can as if it could save me, and fell hard! Just as I was falling...my co host Todd came walking by...and with perfect timing, saw the whole thing. SO EMBARRASSING! He asked if I was ok, and when he heard my laughter, started laughing too! Then of course he could not wait to get on the air and talk about it. At this point I would love to say that this sort of thing is a rare occurance for me, but that wouldn't be true. I am by nature kind of clumsey. And it seems to go in cycles. So I took my lumps through the morning like a big girl. It was pretty funny! Then during a break my mouth made some funky noise that went over the air...and of course Todd heard it....and so did everyone else! At this point in my life I have learned to take this all in stride. Afterall...we are not perfect...I am REALLY not perfect...so I just learn to roll with the punches. Isn't it good to know that God loves us, no matter our imperfections? I wonder if he gets amused when we do something silly? I am just glad I can entertain, and that I didn't hurt anything other than my pride! How bout you? Ever have one of those days? I would love to hear about it! And look at it this way...at least it won't be on the radio for everyone to hear about! I promise.

1 comment:

  1. to funny. I wish you guys did more video streaming of the show. That would have been epic to catch that on film :)

    ReplyDelete